Let’s face it: in times of economic crisis, many of us have to revise our budgets, limiting unnecessary expenses. Suppose you have a small amount available for beauty and look for a quality wrinkle cream at an affordable price. In that case, we have some tips for selecting the best product and taking home an effective anti-aging cosmetic. Plus, the aesthetic doctor’s advice if the wrinkles are profound (and the anti-aging cream alone is not enough to reduce them).
Best wrinkle creams
From the age of 30 onwards, cosmetic experts recommend using an anti-wrinkle cream that prevents the signs of aging and keeps the skin supple and smooth for longer.
Anti-aging creams intervene on the natural skin aging by not stopping it – which is impossible – but by slowing down the appearance of first wrinkles and signs of aging and, above all, by taking care of the face and neck in a healthy way (for which they exist specific products).
Always using an anti-wrinkle cream, possibly combined with an anti-wrinkle serum or anti-wrinkle filler creams, is the best habit to love yourself, keep your skin young, feel at ease in front of the mirror. An anti-wrinkle cream cuts a good figure when placed in a Christmas beauty box and included in a gift list for wellness lovers.
Wrinkle cream, how it works
In addition to hydrating, pampering, and soothing the skin, the wrinkle cream is rich in antioxidants and active ingredients capable of intervening – without risk – on the natural signs of aging. Therefore, the anti-aging cream does not work miracles, but it is a precious help for women, already from 30 and even earlier. As the years go by, the face begins to decrease the production of collagen, so the skin becomes less elastic and subject to the appearance of so-called wrinkles.
What happens to the skin with aging
Skin aging is a multifactorial process closely related to age, which occurs with times and mostly individual methods. Whether it is evident in a more or less marked way, early or later with the years, this phenomenon is the physiological result of a slow degeneration of the tissues.
From the age of 30, skin aging involves a series of modifications that progressively decrease the thickness, tone, elasticity, and chromatic uniformity.
With the passing years:
- The skin becomes thinner and progressively loses its hydration;
- Cell turnover is slower;
- The fibers of collagen and elastin – substances that guarantee the support matrix dermis’ elasticity and firmness – become loose and decrease gradually.
As a result, the skin surface becomes more dull, dehydrated, and poor in texture. Aging can be accelerated by intrinsic factors (such as the genetic-constitutional heritage) and extrinsic (or atmospheric-environmental factors, such as exposure to the sun, dust, pollution, etc.).
Fortunately, this process is very gradual and allows for intervention on several fronts with multidisciplinary approaches, based on specific cosmetic products, non-invasive aesthetic treatments, and medical interventions.
Anti-aging Face Cream: objectives
Fine lines, wrinkles, spots on the skin, and lack of tone can be prevented to a certain extent and made less noticeable, thanks to anti-aging face creams, which can:
- Counteract the onset of these imperfections;
- Slow down the evolution of skin aging.
How do they work
The anti-aging face creams are formulated with targeted active ingredients and highly concentrated functional substances to prevent and treat aging signs. Some of these strengthen the skin barrier and neutralize free radicals, while others stimulate cell renewal, protect elastic fibers, and activate their production.
Effective Anti-Age Face Creams: Which Ingredients to Look for?
The cosmetic industry makes available a wide range of products, specific for every age and skin type, but the following components are essential to be valid:
- Moisturizers: dehydration is one of the main characteristics of aged skin and is related to altering some structures of the dermis (such as elastic fibers and collagen). The decrease in the amount of endogenous water is associated with a thinning of the epidermis and a reduction in the hydrolipidic film’s effectiveness. Moisturizing ingredients are essential in the formulation of good anti-aging face cream, as they can reduce the loss of fluids in the skin and counteract dehydration. Among the anti-aging active ingredients that fall into this category are hyaluronic acid and collagen.
- Antioxidants: prevent oxidative stress, responsible for cellular aging, by transforming free radicals into less reactive species. A powerful antioxidant widely used in anti-aging creams is vitamin A (retinol or retinyl acetate): thanks to its dermal penetration activity, it has a profound action capable of stimulating cell regeneration improving the production of collagen. Other antioxidants that strengthen the natural defense mechanism against the damaging effects of free radicals are commonly used in anti-aging face creams are coenzyme Q10 and vitamins C and E.
- Nutrients: aged skin often appears stressed and vulnerable to external aggressions. For this reason, it is essential to provide her with the necessary elements with anti-aging face creams so that they re-establish the correct hydrolipidic balance and their protective barriers. In the composition of anti-aging creams, there are, for example, vegetable oils and butter effective in the prevention of wrinkles and skin relaxation, such as jojoba oil (helps to restore the skin’s lipid barrier), shea butter (has excellent emollient properties and treatment) and almond oil (nourishing and elasticizing).
- Exfoliants: increase epidermal turnover, favoring the elimination of dead cells, and impurities from the skin surface. In this way, the skin takes on a brighter and smoother appearance and is more receptive to topical treatments’ active substances. In anti-aging face creams, the most widely used exfoliating agents are alpha-hydroxy acids ( AHAs ), such as lactic acid and glycolic acid.
- Depigmenting agents: they inhibit the synthesis of melanin by counteracting the formation of age spots due to photo-aging, that is, induced by exposure to the sun and smoothing the color of the skin.
- Toning: they act at the dermis level, restoring the support structures’ functionality and restoring firmness to the skin tone and reducing the depth of wrinkles. The agents stimulating the dermal structures increase the fibroblasts’ metabolic activity, promoting collagen and elastic fibers’ synthesis or increasing glycosaminoglycans production (hyaluronic acid), proteoglycans, and other components of the dermal matrix.
- Sunscreens: thanks to the presence of anti-UV protection filters, the anti-aging cream protects the skin from the effects of exposure to sunlight (photo-aging).
The anti-aging creams currently available on the market can act on specific problems, from the first signs of imperfection to the most marked wrinkles. Therefore they differ inactive ingredients, formulation, and texture.
Economic anti-wrinkle cream, the most effective active ingredients
The anti-aging strategy has a lot to do with the active ingredients present in the cosmetic formulation. According to the facialist and biotechnologist Silvia Russo of Natural Bio lifting Milano, “learning to recognize the components that, most of all, act selectively on the signs of skin aging, is essential for choosing a good anti-wrinkle cream. Beware of creams that promise to smooth the skin. Wrinkles. Focus on products rich in hyaluronic acid (low and high molecular weight: hydrating the skin to the maximum, this active fills the wrinkles, minimizing their visibility and improving the skin texture, even in softness and color.
Anti-Age Face Creams: how to choose according to the type of skin
The first variable to consider to find the anti-aging face cream that best meets your needs is the type of skin :
- Normal skin: the ideal product should have moisturizing properties to keep the skin of the face soft and elastic and, at the same time, exert a smoothing action to counteract the loss of endogenous water, restore tone and minimize the appearance of expression lines or wrinkles. The anti-aging face cream for normal skin acts with revitalizing and toning active ingredients, stimulating cellular activity and promoting cell turnover (vitamin A), and counteracting free radicals ( vitamin C, vitamin E ).
- Dry skin: you can opt for an anti-aging face cream formulated with a combination of nourishing and moisturizing ingredients with an intensive and constant anti-dryness action 24 hours a day.
- Oily or combination skin: it is possible to use lighter formulations, oil-free, and non-comedogenic, containing moisturizing agents, anti-oxidants, and shielding filters. Applied in the morning, the ideal anti-aging face cream must enhance the skin’s hydration and protection against irritating and drying agents, such as cold and smog.
Anti-Aging Face Creams for the day
Day anti-aging face creams must contain sunscreens to protect the skin from UV radiation and protective factors against environmental agents that can affect the skin’s aging process, such as pollution and atmospheric agents. For a regenerating and stimulating effect on cell turnover, cosmetics based on hyaluronic acid (hydrates and recompacts), collagen (for elasticity), ceramides (reinforcing the most superficial skin layer), vitamin A (stimulates turnover) are ideal. Over cellular), vitamin C (fights free radicals), vitamin E (anti-oxidant), and flavonoids (protect the small blood vessels that supply the face).
The anti-aging day face cream for skins “beyond the door” must have a redensifying and remodeling action, providing hydration and volume where they lack; formulas that stimulate collagen production and nourish intensely are recommended. Furthermore, specific anti-aging products for the lips and eye area should not be missing in the skin-care routine.
Anti-Age Face Creams for the night
The anti-aging face creams specially formulated for the night boast of texture and performance capable of integrating daily care and promoting the epidermis recovery. During sleep, crucial cellular repair processes are activated, which can be favored by applying cosmetics based on specific ingredients capable of nourishing and regenerating the skin during rest. This time is ideal, for example, to fill up on antioxidants that help prevent and repair damage caused by free radicals. The anti-aging night face cream should contain oligopeptides and ceramides, ingredients that help to re-compact the skin.
Anti-wrinkle cream with hyaluronic acid
The anti-wrinkle creams with hyaluronic acid are undoubtedly among the most used and the most loved. Why do we recommend these two products? The Bio Hyaluronic Acid Cream has the particularity of being vegan, made up of organic ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut water, cocoa butter. The effect is plumping so that the skin of the face relaxes and appears younger and fresher.
The Artemis anti-wrinkle cream is enriched with ten natural ingredients: hyaluronic acid, argan oil, jojoba, almonds, shea butter, aloe extract, red vine, and olive tree and Vitamins A, D, E, F. The effect is super nourishing. The cream acts in depth, tones, elasticizes, and plumps the tissues, and the skin becomes relaxed again.